Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One love of my life...

     The worst part of my weight gain was not about the eating, it was about the drinking. Soda is the devil! Mountain Dew was my drug of choice. If I could have taken it intravenously, I would have. I started every day with the crack of a nice cold green can of goodness. Just sitting here, I can still taste the bite of the carbonation and sweetness of the golden-green honey on my tongue. The nectar of the gods as I call it was my heroin that travelled with me everywhere. Eating out was based on who carried Pepsi products so I could keep constant contact with my drug. I had special cups and straws to drink that misty goodness.
     Learning to stop that habit has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am completely carbonation free now. Just because I do not drink carbonation anymore, it does not mean I still do not think about it. Even today, I really wanted to suck down a big green bottle. It is not that I do not want it, I do! However, it was just another thing that kept me fat.
     I had to stop and pay homage to this previous love of my life because it was such a huge part of my weight struggle. It would not be fitting if I did not at least say goodbye to the one thing that stood by my side every day since I was about 18. Twenty-two years is a long time to have a relationship with something. As much as I will miss you Mountain Dew, I blow you a kiss and wave farewell forever.

2 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO! "Misty goodness"...that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. What can I say - I used to love the stuff. I am hoping that my memory fades with time.

    ReplyDelete